Political turbulence continued to dominate the national headlines, with continued Brexit uncertainty and a snap general election in December, which generated plenty of print and resulted in a Conservative landslide victory.
But the biggest print topics of 2019 arguably fell into three main categories; M&A activity, business failures and sustainability. One of the biggest ongoing stories was the great unravelling of Arjowiggins while it was also a pivotal year for Paragon Group and its CEO Paddy Crean, with a series of deals that would propel sales beyond his €1bn turnover goal.
For our analysis of the major industry trends of 2019, see our recent briefing.
Most read news stories of 2019
- Howard Hunt situation unclear 21,657 clicks
- Service Graphics: Paragon buys two sites 18,635 clicks
- Calderprint poised to appoint administrators 15,553 clicks
- Buyer sought for Service Graphics 13,774 clicks
- DWP launches £100m print tender 13,092 clicks
Month-by-month review of 2019
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019