Stationers’ reveals new categories alongside 2017 awards launch
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
The Stationers’ Company has launched its 2017 Innovation Excellence Awards, for which it has introduced five new award categories.
“Now in their fourth year, these prestigious awards have grown year-on-year and in 2016 received 49 entries, 50% more than in 2015,” said Stationers’ Company industry committee chairman and event organiser Tony Mash.
“We would like to encourage as many organisations as possible from all sectors of the UK communications and content industries to enter, including educational institutions and public bodies such as museums, as well as nominations from third-party individuals, companies, trade associations and NGOs.”
Stationers’ said entries should demonstrate innovation and best practice in product design, services, campaigns or business processes.
As well as the overall Innovator of the Year award, there will be an award for each of the five new categories, which are:
- Novel manufacturing technology in paper, print, print supplies and machinery, bookbinding or packaging
- Innovative application of digital technologies across all communications and content sectors
- Creative means of communicating with target audiences in the publishing, magazine, newspaper, advertising, books and broadcasting sectors
- Novel product designs for retail markets in office supplies and book retailing
- New communication programmes that enhance social development with a focus on community projects, education and the environment
“Entries in each category will be judged on their innovation, ability to generate economic growth in the sector and overall positive social impact,” said Mash.
The closing date for entries is 9 April 2017 and winners will be revealed at an exhibition and awards lunch at Stationers’ Hall on 20 June 2017.