Search Results

Found 9 results for .

The small matter of fraud

According to PwC’s 2018 Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, only 49% of global organisations said they’ve been a victim of fraud and economic crime. While some might question the percentage quoted, the natural question that follows is what about the other 51%? Have they really not suffered any fraud – at all?

Helping staff play a healthy game of life

With colds and flu, not to mention post-Christmas hangovers, so prevalent in January, there are few times quite so likely to remind printers of the havoc that absenteeism can play with a workforce.

Closing sales is not about performing hat tricks

"How many people spent an hour last week practising sales?" I am sat in an introductory session for training organisation Franklin's Covey's new sales course, and co-practice leader Craig Christensen's question has prompted a room full of blank expressions.

Top tips: How to produce a good case study

PrintWeek is publishing a series of cut-out-and-keep guides to promote practical and affordable methods of improving business performance. In this edition, we look at capitalising on good news stories

The importance of keeping up appearances

We all know the score: organic fare is better for us and, to most palates, tastier than food that has been processed within an inch of its life. But it also costs a lot more.

A bumpy ride for the industry: 2011's good and bad news

Perhaps the biggest news came late in 2011: the administration one of the world's largest press manufacturers. But this was not the only earth-shattering story covered by PrintWeek. We look back on the news - good and bad - that made 2011 one of the most tumultuous years in recent memory.

Bestsellers: how to choose your next sales executive

We all know him. Mile-wide grin, pinstriped suit, slicked back hair as shiny as his brogues and an ability to talk a client into submission. No matter what the topic. But in print, this stereotypical salesman tends not to carry much weight with business owners; most print companies tend to shun the universal salesperson in favour of someone who, first and foremost, has print knowledge and is then trained to sell. Print is a complicated topic, they say, and to sell it you need to know it inside out.

© MA Business Limited 2021. Published by MA Business Limited, St Jude's Church, Dulwich Road, London, SE24 0PB, a company registered in England and Wales no. 06779864. MA Business is part of the Mark Allen Group .