By Simon Nias, Tuesday 15 October 2013
Fespa Digital 2014 is targeting a sell-out event in Munich next year after already surpassing the net exhibitor space at the previous event in Barcelona last year.
With seven months to go before the 20-23 May 2014 event, exhibitors have already booked a combined 14,586sqm of floor space, up more than 5% on Barcelona 2012's net exhibitor space of 13,844sqm.
This represents 86% of the total 17,000sqm available at the Messe München and Fespa said it was aiming to sell the remaining 14% in full by the time the doors open on the wide format show next May.
Of the exhibitors that have already signed up, 23% are newcomers to the show, while a third of repeat visitors are set to "significantly increase the size of their stand compared to Fespa Digital 2012" the organiser claimed.
Managing director of Fespa Neil Felton said:"The fact that nearly a quarter of Fespa Digital 2014 floor plan is filled with companies who have never exhibited at Fespa before is brilliant news, because it means that even regular visitors to Fespa are guaranteed to pick up fresh perspectives and innovations.
"With specialist brands across the full print spectrum, visitors to Munich next May will be able to immerse themselves in all aspects of the wide format production process from start to finish. Coupled with our world class educational features, Fespa Digital 2014 will be unmissable."
Fespa reported a rise in finishing specialists for the 2014 show, including Elitron, Esko, Fotoba and Zund, as well as digital textile printers, including d.gen, Kornit, MS Italy,Reggiani Machine and Stork.
Other confirmed exhibitors include EFI, Flexa, KIP, Kaspar Papir, MS, Multicam, POD/MTEX, Print Equipment, Reflectiv, Shenzhen Handtop and Texo Trade Services.
"The wide format community's support for Fespa as an organisation and exhibition organiser is phenomenal," said Felton. "Exhibitors tell us that they participate in Fespa events around the globe because they see our commitment to being consistently relevant in today's market and they appreciate the fact that we're never complacent about the visitor experience."