Gateshead-based signmaker Astley completed a deal to buy Sign of the Times in October 2016 and has operated the 30-staff acquisition out of its Kettering premises under its own name and branding since then.
As of 6 April, however, Astley will consolidate its £16.7m group under its own name and relaunch its website and branding to mark the occasion.
“Both Sign of the Times and Astley have benefited hugely from taking the time to get to know each other to identify how to make the most of our individual strengths in order to grow and enhance our services as one company,” said Astley managing director Darren Roughton.
“In addition, having bases in both the North East and the Midlands will enable us to better serve clients across the UK, particularly in the South which is significantly unrepresented in the industry.
“We are very excited about formally relaunching with our brand-new logo and website on 6 April, offering clients a wide range of traditional and architectural signage.”
Combined operations are set to benefit clients of both entities, with Sign of the Times’ creative design-through-to-installation service for sign, display and brand graphics complementing Astley’s larger-scale approach to visual banding implementation.
The Astley group now employs around 178 members of staff in total and enjoyed a four-award sweep at the British Sign and Graphics Association Awards in 2018. It runs distribution hubs in Glasgow and Leeds.
Astley was founded as H Astley & Co in 1914 and addresses a broad portfolio of name brands in sectors such as retail and petroleum. The former Sign of the Times has grown from its origins as a traditional sign manufacturer in 1985.