StudioRIP lays down the mainstream gauntlet with low-cost RIP
By Simon Nias Friday, 14 November 2008
Independent software provider StudioRIP UK has challenged mainstream RIP developers by stating that the latest version of its eponymous RIP can offer "comparable" production speeds "at a fraction of the cost".
Following this month's launch of StudioRIP 3.0, the Leighton Buzzard-based company has claimed that the software, which was originally designed as a low-cost package for the second-hand imagesetter market, was now a "highly suitable alternative to mainstream RIP products".
StudioRIP technical director Paul Newman said: "This latest release combines all of our recent development work and delivers a product that performs to the highest of specifications."
The PostScript Level 3 and PDF 1.6 compatible RIP, which is suitable for use with CTP systems, imagesetters, inkjet and laser printers, is available from €600 (£513) and is customisable to users' needs.
Available options include the incorporation of post-RIP imposition, in-RIP trapping, ink duct control software, second order stochastic screening – with hybrid AM screening included as standard – TIFF output, multiple print engine output and digital proofing output.
Newman said: "One significant advantage offered by StudioRIP over the majority of competing software RIP products is the ability to include many workflow operations within the RIP architecture.
"Functions such as imposition and trapping can be included within StudioRIP, rather than users having to purchase separate software packages, usually at significant extra cost."
Other features of the RIP include a flexographic option, with flexographic screening, distortion, and imposition features all available.
The latest version of StudioRIP is available in the UK through the company's dealer network, with end pricing starting at €600 (£513) for the IE edition and rising to €5,560 for the full StudioRIP workflow package.
Pre-press professionals can download a free demo version of the software from the company's website studiorip.co.uk.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102