73 jobs at risk at Bezier as it consolidates Bristol site
By Tom Hall Friday, 07 November 2008
Bezier has entered into consultation over the loss of 73 jobs as it proposes the closure of its Bristol-based manufacturing arm.
Bezier said it will consolidate the site's operations into its 13,500sqm Thurrock, Essex premises.
The company intends to offset the job cuts by creating new roles at the Thurrock site and will keep a presence in Bristol through back office services including HR, account management and repro.
Mark Shaw, managing director of Bezier, said: "The proposal to consolidate manufacturing at Bristol into Thurrock is not something that we have undertaken lightly, but both sites were operating far below full capacity.
"Following the successful integration of CRC into the Bezier group and securing new and extended contracts, we realise that in order to continually offer outstanding value we need to operate in the most effective manner possible."
He added that group manufacturing capacity would be unaffected by the proposal and that the move better secured the future of the company.
Shaw is not ruling out future acquisitions in the creative and manufacturing sectors, but added that its European expansion plans have been setback by the current economic climate, although it continues to service pan-European clients from the UK.
Bezier's sites in Wakefield, Poole and Pointer in Leicester remain unaffected, as does its creative agency, Coutts Creative Shopper Marketing, and digital agency Enyanga.
Its research consultancy Retail Why is also unaffected.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK