Adobe unveils CS4 - its 'biggest ever software release'
By Simon Nias Tuesday, 23 September 2008
Adobe has today taken the wraps off the latest version of its Creative Suite product family, CS4, in what it described as its "biggest software release to date".
CS4's grand unveiling included the launch of CS4 Design editions, CS4 Web editions, CS4 Production Premium and Adobe Master Collection, as well as 13 point products, 14 integrated technologies and seven services.
Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive at Adobe, said: "Designers and developers are shaping the way that people consume information, share ideas, sell products, tell stories and create memorable experiences – in print, online and via mobile handsets.
"Whether you're creating a rich internet application, a video or a best-selling magazine, Adobe Creative Suite 4 delivers powerful cross-media technologies that have the ability to elevate products, brands and ideas above the clutter."
A simplified workflow in CS4 enables easier and more efficient cross-media design, while InDesign CS4 includes a new Live Preflight tool, which the software developer said would allow designers to catch production errors.
In addition, the software enables online collaboration with up to two colleagues or clients through Adobe ConnectNow – a service of Acrobat.com – which can be accessed direct from InDesign CS4, Illustrator CS4, Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Extended CS4, Flash CS4 Professional, Dreamweaver CS4, Fireworks CS4 and Acrobat 9 Pro.
Adobe CS4 and its associated point products are due to ship in October 2008.
Adobe CS4 Pricing
Adobe CS4 Design Premium: £1,249
Adobe CS4 Web Premium: £1,195
Adobe CS4 Production Premium: £1,409
Adobe CS4 Master Collection: £1,969
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London