Fujifilm to debut latest cross-media workflow at TPE
By Simon Nias Monday, 08 September 2008
Fujifilm has set the UK launch of the latest version of its cross-media workflow, XMF v2.0, for next month's Total Print! Expo.
In addition to incorporating the latest release of Adobe's PDF Print Engine (APPE2), Fuji has rectified what was considered to be a glaring omission in the original XMF – the lack of an online job submission module.
Andy Walker, workflow solutions manager at Fujifilm, said: "Everyone sees the internet as the way to go and some form of online submission tool is a prerequisite nowadays, so it was certainly the main part that was missing.
"We did have a third party product called XMF Web Approval, but we've now developed our own module, XMF Remote, which is quite simple to use but quite powerful in what it does."
Fuji's new client web portal, which is fully integrated within the XMF production workflow, allows comprehensive job submission, approval and online proofing functionality.
Meanwhile, the addition of APPE2 will provide a further boost for digital printers as it has been designed to address the ever-increasing demands of digital short-run applications.
In addition, Fuji has developed a new version of its image enhancement module, XMF C-Fit, which has the ability to automatically optimise a PDF for digital print.
Fujifilm UK marketing manager Graham Leeson said: "Printers who are looking to maximise the opportunities that digital technologies bring should visit the Fujifilm stand at Total Print! Expo.
"The core technologies behind XMF and the new features introduced in v2.0 mean that it's the ideal solution for short-run as well as long-run printing."
Total Print! Expo is being held at London's Earls Court 2, from 14-16 October.
Adobe PDF Print Engine 2 Incorporated within XMF 2.0
XMF Remote allows online proofing and job submission
XMF C-Fit allows PDFs to be optimised for digital print
Fujifilm colour engine optimises toner usage on Xerox DocuColor press
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London