Printers star in top 20 green companies list
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 20 May 2008
Pureprint Group and Severnprint have reinforced their environmental credentials after being named in the UK's top 20 green companies.
Uckfield-based Pureprint was placed fourth in The Sunday Times Best Green Companies 2008, while Severnprint in Gloucester secured 14th slot. In addition, Pindar Set, The National Magazine Company and Canon all featured within the top 30.
Dennis Corcoran, environmental manager at Severnprint, said: "The recognition was very important to the company and a fantastic achievement."
He said the printer, which has been ISO14001 accredited since 2003 and FSC-certified since 2004, "has a green attitude instilled in all employees".
"Print is perceived as a dirty business and our clients are becoming increasingly environmentally aware," Corcoran added.
Earlier this year, Pureprint Group claimed a world first, launching a carbon offsetting service for its customers.
The 160-staff company also won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development in 2003 and 2007.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London