Associated loss costs Quebecor
Thursday, 16 August 2007
Quebecor World recorded a £20m drop in turnover in 2006 following the loss of a major contract with Associated Newspapers, according to accounts filed last week at Companies House.
The figures, which reveal for the first time the full effects of losing Associated’s supplement printing contract to Polestar, show turnover for the Corby plant of £30.5m last year, compared to £51.9m in 2005.
However, the firm also recorded a £20m reduction in operating losses to less than £12m in 2006, compared to £32m in 2005.
The scale of job cuts at Corby are also revealed in the figures, with the number of staff dropping from 500 at the end of 2005 to 300 a year later.
Quebecor World was unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Blayze Unguem £Excellent Package & Career Opportunity, National Role, Multiple Locations
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC