Océ bags InterTech gong for VarioPrint 6250
By Matt Whipp Wednesday, 01 August 2007
Océ's VarioPrint 6250 digital printer has won a 2007 InterTech Technology Award from US representative body PIA/GATF.
The Océ machine was the only digital printer to garner an award at this year's event.
The machine, which outputs double-sided copies thanks to its Gemini Instant Duplex system, produces 250 letter, 160 legal and 132 ledger-sized duplex prints per minute.
The company claimed the device is 70% more productive than rival machines.
The VarioPrint 6250 also won the 2006 On Demand Best of Show gong and the European Digital Press 2007 Product of the Year, following its launch last year.
Océ US president, commercial business unit Mal Baboyian said: "The InterTech Award acknowledges the value of the VarioPrint 6250 for the graphic arts marketplace and validates Océ's growing leadership in that industry."
"Industry-leading productivity, robust capacity, flexible finishing and reliable quality make the system an ideal solution for graphic arts customers."
The first UK company to install the VarioPrint 6250 was TJ International. Other UK installations include Cromwell Press's Cpod division, Forward Press and Elanders.
Prices for the VarioPrint 6250 start at £250,000.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London