New Jarrold tests out web presses
By Jo Francis Thursday, 19 August 2004
New Jarrold Printing has finished its press-testing phase and is close to making a decision on the web spend for its new factory.
Trials at KBA and Heidelberg users on the Continent were completed over the last fortnight.
Managing director Bob Pitts said he was comfortable with Heidelberg Web's change of ownership. "Having had discussions with Bob Brown [Goss International CEO] and the Heidelberg people here I'm confident that they are still going to support the range.
"The sales effort on behalf of Heidelberg has been outstanding. They are hungry for this order, no doubt about it," he added.
NJP's project team is also reviewing a third option that has emerged during its search for a new factory location, which had previously been narrowed down to two sites. "This has delayed us slightly but it's an interesting option and we still hope to make a decision in the next couple of months," Pitts said.
The firm is planning to buy two new 64pp webs and will relocate its existing 64pp Lithoman and 16pp Komori cover press to the new plant. A new high-speed 16pp web is also under consideration, instead of the 48pp or 32pp model originally envisaged.
"The capacity of these new 64s is massive, and we're going to need cover and insert capacity on board. Most of our clients require that we print covers for them," Pitts added.
Story by Jo Francis
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK