Screen to show Epson digital label printer at Ipex
Friday, 08 February 2002
Screen will show an Epson-developed ink-jet digital label printer for the first time in Europe at Ipex.
Based on Epson’s piezo ink-jet technology, the six-colour machine has a variable web width, although Screen is remaining tight-lipped about further details until the show.
"It’s fair to say it is a graphic arts and industrial product rather than a desktop printer," said Screen European marketing manager Phil Eaves.
Screen’s TruePress V200, which at 400 A4 impressions per minute is the fastest sheetfed digital monochrome press around, will also be shown.
The first beta machines have been installed in Japan by its OEM, and the firm is talking to interested parties for the European market. But it doesn’t expect to be able to reveal the identity of its OEM partner at Ipex.
Screen’s B3 DI press, the TruePress 544, will be on show with Truefit Advance, an inline ink-density measurement system. It was initially shown allowing manual adjustment based on the ink density readings, but the firm is also developing a closed-loop version that will control ink level and water balance.
Its B2 DI press, the TruePress 744, will not be shown at Ipex. The press is currently in beta testing in Japan, but its launch in Europe has been delayed.
"At this moment it’s a when, not if," said Eaves. "The product and the market have to be ready. I don’t think we’re missing the boat by not launching it yet."
Screen will also show version two of its PDF-based workflow, TrueFlow, which includes JDF support and also uses Enfocus’ Certified PDF software.
Story by Barney Cox
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK