Tuckey Print and Fluid Design in PS Vita mammoth project
By Pamela Mardle Thursday, 03 January 2013
Birmingham-based Tuckey Print has undertaken a mammoth print project to promote Sony's Playstation Vita console.
The media kit comprised a 1,600 limited edition run of 52-page brochures with an integrated disc for clients in Europe and Australasia in five different languages.
Fluid Design worked with Tuckey Print on the artwork and design of the press kit, which used an array of tactile finishes to reflect the intricate features of the Vita console itself.
The main body of the brochure was printed in four colours on 24 pages of 150gsm Heaven 42 paper, folded to 155 x 210mm. Translucent inserts were also included and a central four-page insert on 170gsm Phoenix Xenon was printed four colours.
The 4pp cover, printed four colours on both sides on 350gsm Phoenix Xenon, was finished with a 2D emboss and spot UV and matt laminated. The final brochure was bound using blue wire.
The kit also featured a disc, for which Tuckey Print created the folder on 360gsm Curious Cosmic Blue with metallic foil on the inner surface and clear foil on the outside. White board was diecut to hold the asset disc on a white foam spider inside the folder.
The products were then packed into a custom foil pouch that was heat sealed to secure the content and finished with a 120gsm gloss adhesive label bearing Playstation’s logo.
Fluid Design lead creative Paul Whitaker said: "What makes the press kit so unique is the incredible array of print finishes and papers that we've used to create the final press kit; it's range of tactile finishes playing on the many differing features of the PlayStation Vita itself, and the tactile finish of its back panel.
"In an increasingly saturated market, where Sony Computer Entertainment are up against Microsoft, Nintendo and every other tablet and smartphone on the market this year, especially with the PlayStation Vita this project was publicising, they require unique creative solutions that represent the visual nature, and position, of their market leading brand."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive - Large Format/Signage Future Recruitment Ltd £25K -20 DAYS HOLIDAYS= Mobile plus commission, West Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet