Domino reveals first N600i install
By Simon Nias Thursday, 03 January 2013
Cambridge-based inkjet manufacturer Domino has revealed the identity of its first N600i inkjet label press customer.
The press, which was launched at Labelexpo in September 2011, has been bought by the Belgium-headquartered, family-owned label specialist, Reynders Label Printing, following a successful beta test.
The N600i, which Reynders first saw as a prototype at Ipex 2010, is a 333mm web width digital label press based on UV-curable inkjet technology. It prints 600dpi at speeds of between 50m and 75m per minute.
According to Reynders chief executive officer Marc Reynders, the N600i builds on its existing digital print platform, which includes HP Indigo, Xeikon and Agfa Dotrix presses, by allowing it to print "high quality digital printing at significantly increased speeds".
He added that Domino's integration of an Esko front end into the N600i gave the press added appeal for Reynders, as the company already worked with the Esko workflow.
Reynders, which has over 60 printing presses, including flexo, offset, letterpress, screen, dry and liquid toner, and inkjet, across eight production facilities in Europe and Asia, is said to have been using the N600i for mid-volume applications of up to 3,000m, three times its usual limit for digital printing.
Due to the increased speed, which has made manual quality checks impossible, Reynders has installed an automated camera inspection system on its N600i line. The Belgian company is now working with Domino to develop new inks and review the integration of inline die-cutting technology with the N600i.
"The N600i has certainly lived up to our expectations of high resolution, high quality output at significantly higher operational speeds," said Reynders.
"The operation has been reliable and we are able to run much longer production jobs than we would normally print with digital technology; in this respect it is more targeted at replacing what we would normally run on flexo machines."
He added: "If the N600i continues to perform to our expectations and we can achieve all our business goals, we will be considering further investment in this technology in the future."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Blayze Unguem £Excellent Package & Career Opportunity, National Role, Multiple Locations
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC