Benford announces partnership with Pierry Manufacturing
By David Ward, San Diego Thursday, 20 December 2012
UK-based drying systems manufacturer Benford UV has expanded its footprint in the US by announcing a partnership with Motnana-based Pierry Manufacturing.
The move, which follows Benford appointing both Indian and Arab distributors, is initially more of a handshake agreement, according to Pierry founder Russell Pierry. He said: "We are initially providing service for Benford products here and we’re also doing distributing — eventually we will be manufacturing."
The agreement will allow Pierry to offer the complete range of Benford’s UV and IR drying systems and associated Lamps and Spares and Pierry said his company will work with Benford to enable existing sheetfed printers to upgrade their presses with UV.
"Also the OEMs are very interested in this because with Benford you get a Dual UV, which is something nobody else has even thought about," he said.
"Our service network was something that really appealed to Benford because we have service people all over the country. I have a philosophy that service sells and it’s the main driver of our business."
Pierry said his firm has carved out a profitable niche servicing and retrofitting older offset presses.
"There're a lot of manufacturers that have gone out of business and there’s other manufacturer that are still in business but don support units and systems that are more than seven to 10 years old," he said.
"But it was our service network that really appealed to Benford because we have service people all over the country. I have a philosophy that service sells and it’s the main driver of our business."
Benford managing director Marc Boden said: "We have existing customers in North America and Canada and recognised the potential for significant future growth if we were able to find a respected partner who could work with us to develop the business.
"Pierry Manufacturing seemed the perfect match for us as they have the presence, technical expertise and service to specify and support our existing and innovative new products."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London