Disq Group appoints chairman to lead 2013 push
By Pamela Mardle Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Exhibition and display makers membership body Disq Group has appointed Philippe Jefferies as chairman with a remit to expand its sales reach in 2013.
Jefferies, managing director of Disq member Promotor Industries, will control and manage activites within the group, which includes Essex-based Eurostand Display, Skipton's Eve Products, and Alfa Display, based in Fordingbridge, Hampshire.
The group, set up in early 2012, works as "separate businesses holding hands" helping the four companies, which produce banner stands and exhibition displays, to "cover every angle of the display industry", according to Jefferies.
He said: "It was an idea that grew and we have realised what potential we have, and between the four companies, there is a vast product range. We have some morals and principles that we abide by, such as selling to trade only and not stepping on each others toes. Our products complement each other.
"We all have great ideas and are enterprising but you need someone to have a bit of control over it. As we have got keener to develop the group, we decided we needed someone to head it."
Jefferies said that Promotor Industries' expertise in export markets would benefit the group's focus on that market in 2013.
He added that the group was mutually beneficial for all companies as the UK was a key area for Promotor Industries, a market which the three other businesses have great experience and knowledge of.
Jefferies said: "All the companies are well established separately but we are getting much better contact between the salespeople, there are leads being passed on and it is generating business between each of the group members.
"It is working well but I think this is just the start."
He will also act as a figurehead for the group at industry events such as June 2013’s Fespa, one of Disq’s first exhibitions as a group.
The companies are releasing new products in the New Year and have put together a brochure, to be released in January, to actively market the group.
Jefferies said that the combined turnover of the four companies in their first year as members of Disq Group was estimated to be £6m.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London