PrintWeek Awards 2012 Bespoke Digital Printer of the Year - Augustus Martin
Tuesday, 23 October 2012
Augustus Martin had to hit the very highest standards of digital print to triumph in this extremely competitive new category.
One of its submissions, showroom art prints for Bentley Cars, was even awarded a 'perfect 10' score from one judge, while it received high praise for work that also included a portable toy box promo unit for Tesco and prototypes for a Next perfume launch.
The Bentley campaign, for the launch of the new Continental GTC, required Augustus Martin to print 'fine art' canvasses on its HP Designjet Z6200, before they were hand-stretched onto wooden frames. The finished canvasses were packed into bespoke cartons for delivery to Bentley dealers worldwide.
www.augustusmartin.com 020 7537 4200
www.1stbyte.co.uk 0844 815 9662
When a customer tells you they are "almost delirious" with your end-product, you must be doing something right. 1st Byte’s digital print for clients such as Sony Music and MTV also impressed the judges, one of whom praised its "excellent work", including a box and book outlining the concept of the proposed Baku Park Masterplan in Azerbaijan.
www.pureprint.com 01825 768811
Pureprint’s Life is Space book for Graphic Thought Facility/Studio Olafur Eliasson was praised by one judge as "the best thing I have seen" during the judging. The Uckfield-based company used its HP Indigo 7500 presses to print the book’s text blocks onto green Colorplan using two hits of white followed by CMYK.
- 1st Byte
- Augustus Martin
- Precision Printing
- Pureprint Group
- Screaming Colour
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK