PrintWeek Awards 2012 Brochure Printer of the Year - Hampton Printing (Bristol)
Monday, 22 October 2012
In an incredibly tight category, comprising no fewer than 19 entries, judges picked out Hampton Printing for special praise for its work for luxury car marques Jaguar and Bentley.
The limited-edition luxurious Jaguar pack was designed to promote the Jaguar XJ Ultimate, and was printed in four colours, with a silk aqueous coating throughout and a 2,000 micron board cover box.
Meanwhile, the Bentley New Continental GTC brochure was given real finesse with finishing detail such as black sewing and Bentley Green ribbon.
One judge said: "Every detail of the Jaguar and Bentley work stands out and invites you to buy the product." Other judges agreed that the fact that the brochures enticed them as consumers was proof of their success.
One said: "Hampton shows how working in concert with the customer and agencies can elevate print and really give it a 'wow factor'. It made me want to buy what was being sold."
www.hampton-printing.co.uk 01275 374466
www.cpibooks.com/uk/ 020 8688 7500
Fulmar, part of CPI Group, was a close second in this category. One judge praised the printer’s submissions, which included a brochure celebrating the 50th anniversary of the James Bond franchise, and A Kings Cross Stories brochure detailing the regeneration of this area, as "excellent work produced using good technical skills and quality printing and finishing techniques".
- BGP Group
- Fulmar Colour
- Geoff Neal Litho
- Hampton Printing (Bristol)
- Jigsaw Colour
- Screaming Colour
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK