Printweek Awards 2012 Point-of-Purchase Printer of the Year - Augustus Martin
Monday, 22 October 2012
This is Augustus Martin's second triumph this year, and being crowned Point-of Purchase Printer of the Year cements a strong performance from the company.
The east London firm, which was also a finalist in this category in 2010 and 2011, drew praise from the judges for its ability to print on a variety of substrates using different processes.
One singled out its display for Lloyds, aimed at communicating the banking group's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Its design took the Olympic podium as its inspiration and this formed the main element of the piece as well as acting as a brochure dispenser. Augustus Martin used its Inca Onset flatbed digital press for this job, which was printed on white Perspex.
As standard distribution was not an option for the piece, fully assembled units were packed in special cartons before Lloyds' warehousing companies delivered them directly to branches.
Augustus Martin's range of entries demonstrated its versatility; as well as the Lloyds job, the company submitted window displays that supported a campaign by Orange to promote the ease of downloading movies through iTunes, and a cardboard-engineered unit for the launch of the Tesco Direct catalogue.
"Excellent use of textured print finishes and multiple substrates," said one judge, while another cited the company's "great use of a wide range of substrates with quality print throughout".
www.augustusmartin.com 020 7537 4200
- Augustus Martin
- Simpson Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London