PrintWeek Awards 2012 Environmental Company of the Year
Friday, 19 October 2012
Park Communications had to work hard to emerge victorious in this category for the second year running, with judges commending the quality of all 14 entries.
The east London company has embedded a 'cleaner, greener' message in its business processes, and has also encouraged employee involvement in its environmental management system through detailed staff inductions, quarterly briefing notes, feedback at management meetings, and staff participation on its environmental committee.
www.parkcom.co.uk 020 7055 6500
www.henryling.co.uk 01305 251066
Henry Ling’s wide-ranging commitment to environmental improvement manifested itself in the installation of 250 solar panels on the roof of its Dorchester factory this year. The journal and book printer also built a large cycle shed on its site after more members of staff said they wanted to cycle to work.
www.pureprint.com 01825 768811
Pureprint was praised for advising customers how to minimise print waste and increase ROI by using cross-media marketing, as well as digital print and variable data publishing. The Uckfield-based firm also cut CO2 emissions and solvent use.
www.tjinternational.ltd.uk 01841 532691
Judges lauded TJ International’s ability to track progress against environmental targets. The Padstow-based book manufacturer recycles 98% of its waste and employs a dedicated systems co-ordinator to manage its ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and FSC standards.
- APS Group
- Henry Ling
- Park Communications
- Park Lane Press
- Pureprint Group
- TJ International
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London