Benny Landa to keynote EFI Connect conference
By Simon Nias Thursday, 27 September 2012
Benny Landa, chairman and chief executive of the Landa Group and inventor of Nanography, has been announced as the keynote speaker at next year's EFI Connect conference in Las Vegas.
Landa, whose Nanographic printing presses where one of the highlights of Drupa, will participate in a "fireside chat" with EFI chief executive Guy Gecht at the company's 14th annual Connect users conference, being held from 15-18 January 2013 at The Wynn Las Vegas.
Having announced his triumphant return to the industry he left following the sale of his original digital print company Indigo to HP at Print 01, Landa will no-doubt be a star guest at EFI's conference.
However, with Landa Group yet to reveal details of the digital front end (DFE) partners for its Nanographic presses, his appearance at Connect has prompted speculation that EFI could be poised to announce a tie-up between its Fiery DFE business and Landa Group.
EFI vice president of corporate marketing Frank Tueckmantel declined to comment on the speculation although he said that EFI would naturally "be happy to become a [Landa] partner".
Landa has previously said that the group would use DFE partners rather than developing its own. In an interview with PrintWeek earlier this year, he said: "We are working with leading front-end companies for front end capability.
"We're not going to develop our own, we develop only those things that we have to develop that you can't buy elsewhere, and in this case you can buy it."
In a press release announcing Landa's keynote, EFI chief executive Guy Gecht said: "We are excited that Benny will be joining us at Connect this January. As we are preparing for an outstanding Connect, which will be focused on the growth opportunities for our industry, I'm personally very much looking forward to hearing Benny's insights and unique industry vision."
Landa added: "EFI is an industry leader and I look forward to sharing our vision with EFI users on how Nanography can bring digital printing to mainstream applications."
For more information and to register for EFI Connect, visit www.efi.com/connect. Early bird pricing is available until 30 September.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service
- KBA Q1 figures hit by postponed orders