Mount Street Printer embraces digital market with Linoprint C751
By Pamela Mardle Tuesday, 25 September 2012
Stationer Mount Street Printer has moved into digital with the arrival of a Linoprint C751 from Heidelberg.
Mount Street Printer Peter Cain said that the company wanted to provide digital services to avoid the long makeready times required of litho for short run jobs but had found that many of the digital presses he had seen were "outputting colour little different to a photocopier".
Cain added: "The Linoprint toner is more like litho, and our operators have been blown away by the quality it is producing."
The Linoprint C751 arrived at the Mayfair plant in August, along with a Suprasetter A52 CtP device. The company is certain that it will offer digital alongside its primary business of litho, and will keep its 15-year-old GTO press for runs over 1,000.
Cain believes that the split of work will initially be half and half between litho and digital but expects that there could be a migration toward digital in the near future.
The investment also included Mount Street Printers’ second Polar 66 guillotine, which will arrive in October. Mount Street Printer has over 30 years’ experience with Polar guillotines and will use the Polar 66 for both litho and digital work.
Mount Street Printer sales manager Alex Cain said: "We want to be able to offer every type of print possible. We’re not too concerned about the business taking off; we just have to make sure we look after our customers in every process so that they don’t have to go to anybody else."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London