Printers Superstore inks Dumor deal ahead of B3 Print and Finish show
By Pamela Mardle Friday, 21 September 2012
Printers Superstore has been appointed sole UK distributor for Dumor and will showcase a range of its finishing equipment alongside two Hans Gronhi presses at its B3 Print and Finish show next month.
Printers Superstore will showcase Dumor’s Digicut 52, MFS and Trident Laminator alongside two presses from Hans Gronhi's GH Series, a five-colour GH525 and a two-colour GH522, at the open house at its Leeds showroom on 23-24 October.
The distribution deal marks Printers Superstore's first move into the print finishing market, something that wasn't on the radar until a recent meeting between the two companies, according to managing director Graham Moorby.
The Dutch firm, which supplies a range of Chinese finishing equipment adapted for the European market, approached Printers Superstore due to the "synergy between the print machinery and finishing products", according to Moorby and Dumor managing director Paul Manners.
Printers Superstore will be responsible for selling Dumor’s range of over 20 machines with a particular focus on promoting its latest products, including multifunctional finishing system Dumor MFS. The Leeds-based company has already taken the first ever UK order for the MFS.
Moorby said: "We sell consumables and spare parts along with our range of presses so we are talking to printers all the time. Conversations about finishing options have cropped up and the pricing point and unique selling points of the Dumor range led us to take on the UK distribution."
He added: "We see a buoyant market for the B3 format both now and going forward. With Hans Grohni we have a product that is not only low cost, it competes with any rival in terms of quality, productivity, technology and engineering standards, and as a result we have rapidly gained a substantial share of the B3 press market.
"We believe Dumor has the same philosophy, and offers products which can really make a difference to the B3 printer, both offset and digital."
Dumor's range of finishing equipment was initially launched in the UK last year in partnership with Intelligent Finishing Systems, which has since ended its distribution agreement with the Dutch manufacturer.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London