Roland DG puts wide-format applications on show at UK Creative Centre
By Tim Sheahan Friday, 24 August 2012
Roland DG is putting wide-format applications in the spotlight after opening the doors of its Creative Centre in Clevedon.
Located at its UK headquarters near Somerset, the new centre is the first part of a showroom revamp at the wide-format manufacturer.
The centre has been designed to showcase the versatility of the company's machinery with windows, tiles, shelves and 3D prototypes all printed using its technology.
The manufacturer is encouraging commercial printers and signage firms among others to visit the facility, which also exhibits printed roller blinds, personalised sportswear, vehicle wraps, packaging prototypes and engraved trophies.
Roland DG Creative Centre and academy manager Joe Wigzell said the facility helps demonstrate the "innovative and interesting" applications possible on its print equipment.
He said: "The focus is on applications rather than the technology with the aim that when customers see it, they believe it and - hopefully – are inspired to achieve it. There is a lot of crossover between Roland technologies."
The manufacturer is also showcasing a range of its equipment at the centre, including its wide-format VersaCamm VS-540 digital printer.
"Roland believes in the power of sharing ideas. I’m always happy to show people around the Roland Creative Centre and they’re welcome to bring along files for testing or indeed to showcase their own finished masterpieces," added Wigzell.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Implementation Manager Harrison Scott Associates £High Package, London
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102