Allied Images signs first UK distribution deal for Rowe Scan 600
By Hannah Jordan Monday, 20 August 2012
The Northampton-based distributor has signed the first distribution deal with German manufacturer Rowe to deliver its wide-format Scan 600 to the UK and Ireland.
The large-format printer and scanner specialist has taken on the annually renewable agreement to complement the existing range of products it delivers for UK manufacturer Colourtrac.
The Scan 600 48-bit colour scanner uses an optical resolution of 2,400 x 1,200 dpi and can scan widths of 44", 55" and 60". The premium product range, which incorporates a bi-directional LED system, offers automatic height adjustment so it is able to scan substrates from a standard 2mm thick up to 30mm thick.
The range is available to purchase now from £6,995 for the 44", £13,995 and £17,995 for the 55" and 60" respectively.
The Scan 600 range also has features such as glass damage and dirt detection to warn operators of potential problems and minimise the risk of corrupted scans and a Safe Drive option which Rowe claims reduces soiling and glass wear.
Users are also able to use a ‘hot-key’ system which enables them to automate processes by storing information such as size, scale and colour mode under one key.
Managing director Steve Morin said the new scanner range would appeal to its clients in central Government and utilities firms that have in-house facilities as well as data capture bureaus, mapping agencies, architectural engineering and construction markets and specialist grapgic design firms.
He added: We will be selling this range of scanners to those who are looking for real high quality and robust performance. By expanding our portfolio of large format scanners to sit along side our range of printers and other products, we are able to meet a broader range of needs from our clients and appeal to a broader customer-base."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London