Retail Services Group invests in wide-format kit
By Melanie Defries Friday, 17 August 2012
Retail Services Group has invested in an array of flatbed printing and cutting equipment to allow it to bring its retail display production in-house after previously outsourcing it.
The Halifax-based company, which designs, manufactures and installs retail displays, has expanded into new premises on Holmfield Industrial Estate as part of a £500,000 investment in the new division.
The £7m-turnover Retail Services Group has installed a SwissQprint Impala flatbed printing system in the 5,000sq ft unit, along with a Kongsberg i-XP44 digital cutting machine which features a 3kw Multicut power spindle that can handle a wide variety of material thicknesses.
The Kongsberg machine, which the company ordered at Drupa 2012, will be used on a range of materials including PVC, timber and fomex while the Impala flatbed can print any flexible or rigid products up to 50mm thick.
Retail Services Group managing director James Dixon said: "We were sending a lot of work out and the cost-effective solution was to bring the processes inhouse.
"It’s very exciting to be establishing a print and cutting company with such advanced equipment."
Other companies in the Retail Services Group, which has 70 staff and will soon be celebrating its 20th anniversary, include MetalCo, ColourCo and All4Design. The Group works with high profile brands including Homebase, Morrisons, Bosch, Sony, Arcadia, Stanley, Rimmel, Maybelline, and Heineken.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK