Polestar and Wyndeham Heron celebrate Olympic success
By Melanie Defries Friday, 17 August 2012
Polestar Colchester and Wyndeham Heron are celebrating after successfully producing official programmes for each day of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The 16 Olympic Daily Programmes, which had 64pp of content plus a 4pp cover, were printed as three sections each night, with data supplied at 8pm and initial collections of the finished magazines starting at 12.30am.
The project was produced by Haymarket Network, the customer publishing arm of PrintWeek publisher Haymarket, on behalf of London 2012 organiser LOCOG.
Haymarket Network head of production Gary Charlton said: "All of our suppliers have done an amazing job on the Olympic Games Daily Programmes, which have been a huge logistical challenge.
"Everyone involved, from account management to press and dispatch staff, all played a part to ensure that we achieved the desired result. Everyone that has seen the programmes has commented on their quality."
Polestar sales director David Gray said the project had been delivered to deadlines "that newspapers would draw breath at".
"The Polestar Colchester team rose to the challenge and we all found it a really rewarding experience," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London