Fastsigns Leeds invests in Zund G3 cutter
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 14 August 2012
Signage and display specialist Fastsigns Leeds has invested in a new Zund G3 digital wide-format cutter with the help of the Regional Growth Fund.
The family-run business offset a percentage of the £70,000 purchase through the government-backed scheme by taking on a new member of staff, Clifford Ward.
Andy Simpson, who runs the business with father Chris, said the Zund will help boost productivity and profits at the 11-staff company.
He said: "It is our policy to continually invest in our business to ensure that we grow year-on-year. With this in mind we decided it was time to purchase a new digital cutter that would further help us to boost our profitability."
Simpson said the machine would allow the firm to cut a wide range of flexible and rigid materials into any shape. something that would have previously been carried out by hand or outsourced.
"It is helping us save time and has enabled us to produce things we would not have attempted before as we can complete the process in-house," he added.
The Zund G3 platform, which has more than 13,000 installations worldwide, can handle substrates up to 50mm thick.
Commenting on his new role at the Fastsigns, Ward said the opportunity to work with new technology was a major draw.
"The Zund is an incredible machine. It’s an intense process learning to use the software on the computer, but once you’ve got to grips with it the results are unbelievable," said Ward.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Business Development Manager, Large Format Digital - UK Wide Blayze Unguem £Outstanding packageâ€¦..limited only by your talent & ability, National / UK Wide
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102