Team Print's achievements are worthy of gold medal
By Darryl Danielli Monday, 13 August 2012
Team GB's stunning Olympic performance will have raised a smile on the faces of all but the most ardent of sport haters.
At the time of writing, our Olympians looked set to cruise past the medal tally of four years ago, with the resulting buzz of excitement palpable.
The joy is compounded at PrintWeek Towers because this Wednesday marked the first of the PrintWeek Awards’ three judging days, when two dozen of the UK’s leading print buyers take on the challenge of reviewing the best that UK print has to offer.
So with all of this going on, it’s hardly surprising that positivity is positively oozing out of Team PrintWeek. And, as the BPIF’s Outlook Survey highlights, we’ve had precious little to be cheerful about in the first half of the year, so let’s make the most it.
The icing on the cake has to be this week’s cover story on Real Digital’s impressive results, proof positive that even in the most competitive of markets a well-run business can still turn a healthy profit.
My hope is that, just as Team GB’s performance has turned even the most cynical into unadulterated Olympics fans, Real Digital’s numbers will have a similarly positive impact. There should be no shame in making a decent profit and certainly no fear of being penalised by clients or rivals for it.
If a company manufactures good products at a competitive price and, through its own initiative and investment, manages to maintain a good margin, it should be lauded and held up as example for others to benefit from. Just like our Olympic heroes and this year’s PrintWeek Award winners.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service