International Paper launches new 350gsm paper
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 13 August 2012
The latest addition to paper manufacturer International Paper's portfolio is designed for robust applications such as business cards, postcards, menus and folders.
The 350gsm FSC-certified paper forms part of the company's Pro-Design range of digital papers and is manufactured at its Saillat mill in France.
According to the manufacturer, the paper carries strong environmental credentials with EU Ecolabel certification while International Paper’s Saillat mill has cut greenhouse gas emissions by 78% since 1990.
International Paper UK country manager Mike Robertson said: "We are delighted to be able to add 350gsm to our premium colour laser brand and help answer the needs from our customers for this board weight.
"We are also addressing our customer requirement for FSC certification at the end of 2012 when the full range will become FSC Certified."
The Pro-Design range is available in the UK through the Paper Company (PaperCo) and Premier Beswick while customers within the Republic of Ireland can buy the range through Realt Paper, Premier Paper Ireland, Glenvalley Paper and Swiftbrook.
In May, International Paper set itself a number of goals to be achieved by 2020 in its sustainability report.
Over the next eight years the company has targeted improved energy efficiency, a 20% absolute reduction in global GHG emissions associated with production processes and 15% global increase in third-party certified fibre volume.
In addition to these goals, the paper giant set a host of other targets addressing issues such as fibre certification, philanthropy, safety and water use.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK