Apex brings Ryobi 760E compact B2 press to the UK
By Simon Nias Monday, 13 August 2012
Apex Digital Graphics has announced the arrival of a new space-saving B2 press from Japanese manufacturer Ryobi.
The 760E series, which will be available in the UK from the beginning of September, is Ryobi's new mid-range B2 press, sitting between the 750 and the entry-level 780E in both size and price.
A similar design to the 780E, which uses an integrated control desk to save 40% of the floor space of the 750, allows the 760E to also reduce floor space by 26% versus the larger 750 model.
However, at 13,000sph the 760E is some 2,000sph slower than the entry-level 780E and the 750, both of which are rated to 15,000sph, or 15,500sph "on special request".
Paper handling is similar on all three ranges, which have a maximum printing area of 765x545mm for the S type and 765x580mm for the XL, although the maximum paper size on the 760E is smaller at 765x600mm than the 788x600mm offered by the 750 and 780E.
All three ranges can handle paper thicknesses from 0.04-0.6mm in straight mode or up to 0.4mm in perfecting.
The optional perfector on the 760E comprises a single-diameter transfer drum, a double-diameter storage drum, and a single-diameter turning drum. Switching between straight and perfecting is controlled from the touch panel display on the integrated control desk.
The 760E is available in two- to six-colour configuration, while perfecting models are available in 1/1 (762EP), 2/2 (764EP), 1/4 (765EP) or 2/4 (766EP) configuration.
Other options include integrating Kodak Prosper digital inkjet printheads into the machine to provide a hybrid printing system, following the announcement of the Ryobi/Kodak partnership at Drupa.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK