Technique MIS recognised for mobile app
By Melanie Defries Wednesday, 08 August 2012
UK-based Technique MIS has scored a Printing Industries of America (PIA) Intertech Award for its iTechnique mobile app.
The PIA awards celebrate the development of technology that is predicted to have a major impact on the graphic arts and related industries.
The app, a mobile management information system (MIS) and reporting tool that runs on iPhone and iPad, uses cloud technology to enable users to create and update information from any location.
Technique president Chris Wood said the iTechnique app had the potential to be a "gamechanger" for printers.
"The ability to reduce the quotation, estimating and pricing process to seconds opens up huge sales possibilities," he added.
PIA vice president of technology and research Dr Mark Bohan said: "The judges were impressed with being able to provide a complete MIS application via an optimised mobile delivery."
Technique will accept the accolade at the Chicago-based Premier Print Awards and InterTech Technology Awards Gala on 7 October.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Digital Printer Dagmar Tara £18-22,000, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet