Weedon PSC joins POPAI
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 08 August 2012
The packaging and POS display manufacturer has joined trade body Point-of-Purchase Advertising International, to help improve its service offer.
According to Weedon PSC managing director John Weedon, it was important to partner with a body that promotes excellence across the retail marketing space.
He added: "At Weedon PSC, we pride ourselves on using our retailer expertise to develop innovative and successful POS displays which make a real impact in-store.
"We recognise that the specialist knowledge we have built up by having teams based in many of the major retailers is extremely valuable to our customers. Membership of POPAI will give us access to important research and data which will help us improve our service to our customers still further."
Joining the organisation comes off-the-back of a successful July for the Hednesford, Staffordshire-based group, which was awarded the top 'Green Business' accolade at the Cannock Chase Business Awards.
Awarded by Aidan Burley, MP for Cannock Chase, the company was recognised for its strong environmental policy that addresses issues such as its carbon footprint and waste reclamation.
Weedon PSC also prints using water-based inks and prioritises the use of post-consumer recycled materials during print production
Managing director Weedon added: "We seek to minimise the impact of packaging on the environment by addressing issues such as carbon footprint, waste reclamation and land fill, maximising recycling and reducing waste."
"For example, without compromising design, performance or protection of the product, we encourage our customers to reduce their use of materials by eliminating unnecessary packaging, extra boxes or layers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102