UK first for RCS with Presstek 75DI spend
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 06 August 2012
RCS has invested in a Presstek 75DI digital offset press with inline aqueous coater, the first 75DI to be installed into the UK market.
The Retford, Nottinghamshire-based business, which will install the five-colour B2 machine in the coming weeks, made the decision to invest after seeing the press at Drupa.
Replacing three outgoing litho presses, the 16,000sph 75DI-AC will enable RCS to effectively handle its growing volume of short-run jobs while cutting turnaround times.
RCS managing director Michael Todd said the machine's environmental credentials played a major role in the company's decision to invest in the new press.
He said: "Its waterless printing, on-press chemistry-free imaging and reduced waste support our environmental sustainability efforts.
"We spend a great deal of time thinking about how to reduce the impact of our activities, and replacing three conventional offset presses with the environmentally friendly 75DI will make a huge difference in that regard."
According to Todd, the company will capitalise on the machine's six-minute makeready to cater for its increasing workload of high-quality, short-run jobs.
"We are seeing both run lengths and turnaround times drop. The Presstek 75DI will allow us to continue to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations," he added.
Earlier this year, RCS took delivery of the UK's first privately owned rapid-charging station for electric cars and vans.
In 2010, the company notched another UK first with the installation of the first Scodix 1200 UV Digital Embossing Press.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London