Prizmatic boosts digital finishing with Aerocut Quatro
By Pamela Mardle Monday, 06 August 2012
Prizmatic Print Solutions has installed a Uchida Aerocut Quatro to run alongside a new Canon 9070 Pro.
Morgana Systems launched the machine in June and installed the Aerocut Quatro in conjunction with supplier Apogee Corporation in July, shortly before the Canon digital printer was delivered.
The Canon 9070 Pro is an upgrade from the digital print company’s Toshiba 5520 press while the Aerocut multi-finisher replaces a Morgana Digicreaser and Uchida BC10 A4 business card cutter.
Managing director Neil Adshead signed up for both machines after seeing them in action at Drupa.
He said: "We knew we needed a faster and more efficient print engine to service our growing digital print customer base.
"Having seen the engine in action at the show, we then realised the need to increase our finishing capacity as well.
"The Uchida Aerocut Quatro was the logical step to take."
The multi-finisher is able to cut, slit and crease up to sheet sizes of 365x520mm and includes a perforation module as standard. Users can select jobs from pre-programmed templates or select from bespoke templates for specific non-standard jobs.
Adshead has run the business for the past six years and has moved the company into the digital print space to diversify its offerings alongside large format and sign-making work.
He has employed full-time designer, Lucy Grimwood, to set up a personalised occasion stationery service and continue designing for regular customers since Adshead has become too busy with the expanding business.
He said: "As part of our general commercial offering, we have created a unique kit of wedding stationery that we can print all in one pass: the personalised invite, place name and thankyou card all fit onto one printed sheet.
"There will be a particular look offered with a number of options where the customer can insert their own information.
"The high quality print and finishing offered by our new production equipment is going to be ideal for these packages."
Grimwood is also tasked with marketing the new machines and redeveloping the company’s website.
Adshead believes that this, along with the recruitment of a further sales person at the end of August, will boost their projected £300,000 sales by half over the financial year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London