BGP buys ex-Jarrold cover press
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 02 August 2012
BGP has responded to an uptake in contract cover work by investing in a Komori System 38 SII press for its Bicester facility.
The 16pp six-unit web offset press, which was originally installed at New Jarrold Printing, will arrive in the coming weeks.
The press replaces an outgoing Komori machine and is capable of producing up to 50,000 covers per hour.
Its latest machine enables BGP to print covers as flat sheets at speeds up to 120,000 per hour, as well as 4pp folded covers that are then saddle stitched.
The Komori press, which was supplied by UK and Ireland distributor JanusTech, is equipped with auto-plate loading, auto folder change-over, and PressTech 1400 automatic colour register system.
According to the company, the machine will dovetail forthcoming investment at Banbury-based Stones the Printers, which will retain a proportion of the group's cover work.
BGP chief executive David Holland said: "This investment in the Komori cover press further underlines our commitment as we continue to increase and add to our client roster.
"Our business vision continues to be maintaining a first-class production facility, delivering high-quality work to our customers in an efficient and cost-effective manner."
Last month BGP printed 1.5m copies of two booklets featuring 40 vegetarian recipes from celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for Telegraph Media Group.
Each 44-page A5 booklet contained 20 recipes, including starters, light bites, mains and sides, from Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Veg Ever Day! cookbook.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London