EFI launches Fiery certification programme
By Simon Nias Wednesday, 01 August 2012
EFI has launched a two-track learning and certification programme for users of its Fiery digital print servers, tools and software options.
The programme, which includes a Professional and Expert certification, progressively builds knowledge of Fiery systems, tools and features and is designed for new and existing users.
EFI's Fiery Professional Certification establishes a solid foundation on Fiery functionality, including optimal system configuration, print job management, automated workflows, color profiles and calibration.
It costs $250 (£160) and consists of 15 self-paced online courses and an online certification exam.
Meanwhile, the Fiery Expert Certification provides in-depth training on more advanced topics, such as the use of advanced Fiery imposition and variable data printing tools, PDF workflow optimisation, complex late-stage colour editing and JDF workflow integration.
It consists of five online courses, a two-day intensive hands-on classroom training course, and an online certification exam. The Fiery Expert Certification costs $750 plus travel and expenses.
The announcement comes shortly after EFI posted a 10% year-on-year fall in its Q2 Fiery sales, which chief executive Guy Gecht blamed on the cyclical nature of the business; if successful, the certification programme could be a means of flattening out the peaks and troughs in EFI's Fiery revenues.
EFI vice president of Fiery marketing John Henze said: "Fiery technology is the world's most popular digital printing workflow and now users will benefit by having an official certification program that helps them maximize the productivity of their people and the performance of their existing digital engines.
"Fiery Certification is an investment that returns real value to the business with the enhanced skill set of its Fiery certified employees. Increased staff know-how can allow print providers to increase operation efficiency, reduce errors, cut waste, and produce higher quality, higher-profit variable data or complex document assembly jobs."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London