The Times launches digital out of home campaign
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 31 July 2012
The Times has tied with digital production company Grand Visual to showcase its latest news headlines with a digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising campaign.
Digital screens situated at a series of London Underground stations will publish the following day's front cover alongside a message declaring 'The Times, The Paper of Records'.
JCDecaux Transmissions screens, D6s and CBS Outdoor XTP screens will showcase the covers once they have been laid out and deployed through Grand Visual's OpenLoop platform for live campaigns.
Grand Visual digital producer Tim Last said: "Our brief was to showcase the paper in a clear and simple fashion that engaged the travelling audience but allowed the brand to speak for itself.
"This execution maximises digital outdoor's key attributes – its ability to react in real-time with relevant copy to a broadcast audience."
The campaign was launched on 27 July to coincide with the launch of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Times and The Sunday Times marketing director Suzi Watford added: "This campaign is an exciting and innovative way to showcase our front pages, encouraging people to buy the next day's newspaper."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London