Chromolux 350gsm range launched
By Pamela Mardle Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Metsa Board has launched six of its most popular Chromolux colours in 350gsm.
In July, the paper manufacturer began producing the white, chrome, silver, gold, red and black papers in a heavier grammage to attract luxury packaging customers.
Previously, the highest grammage available for the Chromolux range was 250gsm, which waas dedicated to the graphics market.
The new range is suitable for carton packs for luxury products such as fragrances, as well as displays, covers and cards.
Chromolux marketing manager Christian Drissler said: "When retailers are producing shorter runs for gift packs, they want something extraordinary rather than a commodity board."
He said that the heavier range benefits from the same glossy, smooth surface as previous Chromolux stock but has a stiffer structure. This gives luxury packagers a better quality product, enabling the use of the coloured board for glossy packaging with no need for foiling processes.
Since the discontinuation of Metsä Board’s unprofitable paper business in February, development of Chromolux has become the company’s main focus.
The paper manufacturer is investing €1.3m in its Gohrsmühle mill in Germany to increase capacity by October.
A portion of the cash has been put towards rebuilding one of seven cast-coating machines to bring it back into production at Gohrsmühle and enable Metsä Board to respond to increased customer demand for cast-coated papers and boards in reels.
Drissler said that there was a market trend for reel-based self-adhesive label papers, encouraging Metsä Board to accelerate production of Chromolux reels.
He added: "We are already heavily in contact with the label papers market so we believe that we will easily sell this increased capacity."
Collection books and mini-swatches of the Chromolux 350gsm range have been sent out to customers through Metsa Board’s numerous European distributors, including UK trader Antalis McNaughton,
but those interested in the product can also order the collections through the company’s website.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Image Evolution Ltd Attractive remuneration plus car or car allowance, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102