Folding Specialists founder passes away
By Melanie Defries Monday, 30 July 2012
Print industry veteran and folding expert Michael Weller has passed away after a battle with cancer.
Hackney-born Weller founded Essex-based company Folding Specialists in 1972 and went on to set up Completa, in Bury-St-Edmunds, followed by Colchester-based Drumkarn.
Weller retired in 2002 due to ill-health.
His daughter Jacqueline Taylor-Roberts said: "When he first started Folding Specialists, it was with just two machines, which he would very often work 24 hours a day.
"He was well-respected in the print industry and many printers would ask his advice on producing leaflets or booklets before finishing was required, especially for small booklets and concertina leaflets. He loved a challenge with any folding and he had a great sense of humour."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK