The Color Co invests in Heidelberg Speedmaster SX74
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 30 July 2012
The Color Co has kick-started a £2m investment programme after installing one of the UK's first B2 Heidelberg Speedmaster SX74 presses.
According to Color Co managing director Ashley Wainwright, the 11-staff magazine printer opted for the new machine to help cut turnaround times and cater for increased demand for litho print.
He said: "We are finding that demand for litho is growing faster at the moment and this press swap means a doubling of output and will give us the potential to add at least another half a million of capacity and will relieve loading pressure at peak periods."
The £1m turnover firm, which started as a digital print house, moved into litho seven years ago and now plans to further expand its litho capabilities.
"In the coming years we plan to invest in a perfect-binding line and eventually replace the existing SM52 press with another SX74 model," said Wainwright.
The Color Co offers a range of services, including the production of 23 trade magazines in runs up to 50,000 from its 700sqm Gloucestershire facility. In addition to its Heidelberg portfolio, the company operates two Xerox machines, including a Xerox 700 digital colour press.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102