Dennis Publishing launches monthly cycling magazine
By Hannah Jordan Friday, 27 July 2012
Fresh off the back of Wiggo-mania, premium title Cyclist will launch in print and digital formats in September.
London-headquartered, £100m turnover Dennis Publishing, which owns over 50 magazines, will launch the new cycling title with an initial UK print run of 50,000.
Produced by Bicester printer BGP, Cyclist will hit both digital and high street shelves, priced at £5 an issue, on 19 September backed by a £500,000 multi-platform marketing campaign.
The magazine is targeted at a predominantly male audience of "modern road cycling enthusiasts" who, according to Dennis’ research, are interested in travel, indepth knowledge, ride performance and style.
An editorial team comprised of specialist cycle and fitness journalists will be headed by former Men’s Fitness and Dennis’ fitness division editorial director Pete Muir.
He said: "The look and feel of the magazine will be premium with stylish design and stunning imagery from the best photographers in the market. The magazine will be like a cyclist’s perfect partner: intelligent, good-looking and passionate about road cycling."
Publishing director James Burnay said the cycling market was the perfect next step for Dennis’ growing fitness portfolio. "With Dennis’s half a million subscribers in the target demographic, we are confident we can build a high-quality audience for our advertisers very quickly indeed," he added.
Retailers already lined up to stock the title are Sainsbury's, WH Smith Travel, WH Smith High Street, Tesco, SSP (Railways), Esso and Shell with more to be confirmed.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London