Oriel Studios Digital invests in Océ Arizona 360 XT
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 24 July 2012
Oriel Studios Digital expands wide-format capabilities after investing in an Océ Arizona 360 XT printer.
The Bootle, Merseyside-based business will take delivery of the flatbed machine this week, forming part of a five-year, £1.8m investment plan it started in 2011.
Marcus Cummings, director at Oriel said that the company had analysed a range of options from manufacturers such as EFI, Durst and HP before opting for the Arizona machine.
"Not only can the 360 XT produce print to such a high quality but it can do it at speed as well. Coupling those two features meant that it stood head and shoulders over the other machines we looked at," he said.
Its new flatbed can print direct onto substrates such as MDF, aluminum, acrylics, PVC, glass, plastic and sheet metal. It has a bed size of 3,050 x 2,500mm and can output at resolutions of 1,440dpi.
According to Cummings, the 20-staff will now look at upgrading its Heidelberg press output as well as investing in a wide-format cutting table to complement the Océ Arizona 360 XT.
"We've always believed in re-investing into this business and that's exactly what we are doing. Océ have been great so far and I'm sure this investment will add another string to our bow," he said.
Oriel Studios Digital kicked off its press investment programme in January 2011 with the installation of a Xerox 1000 digital colour production press.
The company primarily serves trade clients catering for a wide range of businesses including higher education bodies, point-of-sale and point-of-purchase customers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK