Ipex and Cross Media organiser acquires MediaPro
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 19 July 2012
Informa has acquired the MediaPro marketing event from CloserStill Media and will integrate it into its forthcoming Cross Media 2012 exhibition.
MediaPro, which was due to take place from this October at London Olympia under the 'Marketing without Frontiers' banner, has now been cancelled.
The event will become part of Cross Media 2012, which will be held at the Business Design Centre in Islington on 3-4 September.
Cross Media 2012 and Ipex 2014 event director Nick Craig Waller said the acquisition was "a massive coup" for the business.
He said: "Without a doubt there are a great number of synergies between the two events and visitors will benefit from that as a result.
"This will enhance the educational content that we can offer visitors from the marketing community. The agency, marketing, publishing and creative visitor audiences that have gravitated to MediaPro since its launch will find all the guidance and inspiration they need at Cross Media 2012 – it's a perfect fit."
Craig Waller added that Informa will be in dialogue with exhibitors that had committed to October's MediaPro event in the coming weeks and was confident that they would transfer to the enlarged Cross Media 2012.
"MediaPro had a high calibre of exhibitors and speakers set for Olympia and we are confident that they will become part of Cross Media 2012, which could result in a larger show at the Business Design Centre than originally planned," he added.
Informa said that the acquisition of MediaPro was limited to its brand assets and intellectual property. No staff will transfer from CloserStill Media.
CloserStill commercial director Phil Nelson said: "MediaPro has come a long way since its launch less than three years ago, attracting an audience of over 4,500 senior marketing decision-makers in 2011.
"There is a great fit between MediaPro and Informa`s print and marketing portfolio which should be to the benefit of exhibitors and visitors and help MediaPro to develop further and faster."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102