SBC brings Laminator machines to the UK
By Pamela Mardle Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Spiral Binding Company (SBC) has added the LAM-50 CA and LAM-502 laminators to its portfolio.
The two machines, launched at Drupa by Polish manufacturer Laminator, are to be distributed exclusively in the UK through finishing supplier SBC’s sub-distributor Punchbind.
Both machines have a maximum sheet size of 52x72cm and the LAM-50 CA is available as a semi-automatic or fully automatic feed machine.
The LAM-50 CA offers speeds up to 10m/min and can run a SR3 printed sheet on the long or short edge.
SBC’s Keith Shone said: "The LAM-50 CA is ideal for both litho and digital printing companies that need their own in-house lamination facility with a compact footprint."
The LAM-502 is suitable for the B2 offset litho printer, boasting production speeds of 30m/min.
Both laminators come with an adjustable de-curling device suitable for feeding digital work into the laminator and incorporate an offset-style paper feeder.
Each system features chrome-plated laminating rollers with pneumatic pressure – 120mm in the LAM-50 CA and 230mm for the LAM-502 – to produce high quality results for digital print work.
The LAM-50 CA has a starting price of £18,995 and the LAM-50 is available for upwards of £37,500.
Both machines are marketed to commercial printers, and the LAM-50 CA is particularly suitable for smaller digital operations and copy shops.
Shone said: "SBC has many years’ experience in the print industry and understands its needs. Looking at the specifications of the machines, these are exciting new products to add to our portfolio and we look forward to establishing them in the UK."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London