Jones & Brooks invests in new finishing equipment
By Melanie Defries Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Commercial printer Jones & Brooks has installed a Heidelberg Polar 78 guillotine and Stahlfolder TH 56 folder to boost efficiency.
The Rochdale-based company, which specialises in producing NHS documents and forms, chose the new machines as they could be linked into its existing Tharstern MIS.
They were further attracted by the Stahlfolder TH 56’s ability to store programmes, which will enable the company to minimise set-up times for repeat orders and commonly used formats.
The Polar guillotine will join an older Perfecta guillotine which is being retained to handle rough, adhesive pad work, while an older folder is also being retained as a back-up.
Jones & Brooks managing director Ronnie Blair added: "The modular design of the Stahlfolder also means we have options to extend the line in future, which is another benefit."
The new equipment is set to be installed within the next six weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London