Derwent Displays moves into wide-format digital with HP FB7600
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Derwent Displays has made its foray into digital wide-format production after investing in a HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press.
The Denby, Derbyshire-based business opted for the new machine to cut the turnaround times of its Point-Of-Sale, display and pull-up stand projects.
According Derwent Displays managing director Neil Haywood, the investment will complement the company's existing screen and litho offering, enabling it to produce personalised, short-run jobs.
He said: "We will now be able to meet our customers’ bespoke requirements within a short timeframe thanks to the press' reduced turnaround times and its cost-efficient runs.
"We'll also be able to use the press for jobs that require special finishing with the spot or full-gloss varnish feature."
Launched last October, the 3.2m-wide flatbed printer can print on a range of rigid and flexible substrates.
Offering maximum output speeds of 500sqm an hour, materials include corrugated board, paper, foam board, Dibond and plastics for both indoor and outdoor applications.
It can print on sheets of up to 1,650 x 3,200mm in size and on substrates up to 25mm thick.
Derwent Displays, which employs 35 staff, has a range of clients that include retail suppliers in the food, pet care, pharmaceutical and DIY markets.
Haywood added: "All our objectives of quality, speed and cost-effectiveness are clearly met by this press' features. We wanted to enter the digital print market with HP, as its technology offers the latest innovations, from which our business will benefit."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK