H&H Reeds Printers to offset carbon emissions
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 17 July 2012
The move will make H&H Reeds Printers one of the first carbon balanced publication printers in the north-west of England.
From the beginning of August the company will use carbon balanced paper and offer all of its customers a service whereby the carbon emissions from its products are offset by conservation charity the World Land Trust.
The company made the announcement at an open evening held at its Penrith headquarters and workshop.
As part of the initiative H&H Reeds Printers will have its carbon footprint audited annually to quantify the energy use and carbon emissions of its vehicles and premises.
These emissions will then be offset by the World Land Trust through its work to preserve endangered tropical forests.
H&H joint managing director Dene Marshall said: "This is taking our concern for our environmental responsibility to the next level and is something that we really want to champion.
"We are making carbon-balanced printing our standard and as there is no additional cost we hope that customers will grasp this new opportunity with open arms, especially as companies will be helped to meet and maybe exceed their own reduction targets."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London